Re: Cannot check (download) mail from pop3 server

> It may be that someelse had it locked (perhaps you were unlucky and a MTA
> (ie sendmail) had it locked just then...)

I covered for that - I did a complete clean reboot of the system, but the
same results occured.

> The other possiblility is that the perms on the /var/spool/mail dir have
> changed
> ls -ld /var/spool/mail
> ls -l /var/spool/mail/raven
> gives what?

The first I'll have to check (I'm not near the system now) - what should it
The second is: -rw------- (I think that's what it should be)

Note that I can open the file /var/spool/mail/raven as read-write with

Raven (not the OTHER Raven, THAT Raven :-)
<> <>

And if love remains
Though everything is lost
We will pay the price