Re: Cannot check (download) mail from pop3 server

It may be that someelse had it locked (perhaps you were unlucky and a MTA
(ie sendmail) had it locked just then...)

The other possiblility is that the perms on the /var/spool/mail dir have
changed

ls -ld /var/spool/mail
ls -l /var/spool/mail/raven

gives what?