re: addressing

On Oct 23 2000 09:42 Adam Moskof wrote:
> Naw, the addressbook checks out fine. I check the paths, and I pointed it
> to the correct file. It is going to /home/me/.gnome/GnomeCard.gcrd and I
> checked all permissions. It is readable/writeable. When I launch GnomeCard
> from the addressbook it runs, and all of the entries (all two of them) show
> up immediately. But I can't import to the addressbook from GnomeCard (it
> remains blank) and I can't add names from someone who sent me a message...

Well this is where things get interesting. I've spent the last hour or so
attempting to replicate this, and so far no luck. I can create a new address
book, call it anything I want, and Balsa will let me use it. I can add new
addresses through Balsa or GnomeCard and find them later.

The next step is to get version numbers for everything relevent, Balsa, the
Gnome libraries, and GnomeCard. Also, the kind of system are you running
might be useful, and if anyone else can try and reproduce this it would be
helpful.

Thanks,

MBG

--
 Matthew Guenther                     Although the moon is smaller than the
 guentherm@asme.org                   earth, it is farther away.