Re: German Spell-Checker

On Sun, Oct 15, 2000 at 02:22:29PM +0200, Rolf Hatt wrote:
> I've installed, on my SuSE6.4, balsa 1.0pre2 with all features enabled.
> I've also installed pspell, aspell and ispell.
> As long as I set the language to English spell checking works, but  when I
> switch to German
> I get an error: "unable to load the ispell module", although I have the
> German files under /usr/lib/ispell.
> What's wrong?

Good question.  Does it work when you attempt to use aspell?  Also, I'm
assuming you have set up pspell with .pwli files indicating where your
wordlists for different languages can be found?

> BTW: It's funny to list all languages of this world as a selection but the
> most of this spellcheck files
> aren't present. Wouldn't it be better just showing the ones that are
> available?

That's a good idea, but it would require functionality in the pspell library
that doesn't currently exist (AFAIK).  I'll mention it to Kevin Atkinson.

MBG

--
  Matthew Guenther
  guentherm@asme.org                      Absence makes the heart forget.