Re: segfault when ~./gnome/balsa exists ?

Hi,

  |"R. Huijssoon" <vonkie@gmx.net> wrote:

  |> But the next time I wanted to start it, it just did a segfault on me :-(
  |> I recompiled, reinstalled libs, you name it, I tried it
  |> Then I found out balsa segfaults when ~/.gnome/balsa exist, the preferences
  |> file.

How about the version number of libgnome on your system?

I had encountered a similar problem with /usr/lib/libgnome.so.32.3.8 .
However, if I replace it with /usr/lib/libgnome.so.32.3.11,
this problem have disappeared.

It seems this problem has happend since balsa-1.0.pre1
and I have already fixed this problem for myself.

I attaches a patch for running balsa with /usr/lib/libgnome.so.32.3.8 .
I had hesitated to post this patch on this mailing-list,
because I think it is not good idea to apply such a bug compatible code.

Regards,
--
ymnk, JCraft Inc., mailto: ymnk@jcraft.com

save-restore.c.diff