Re: !corrupted messages!
- From: Jules Bean <jules jellybean co uk>
- To: Carlos Morgado <chbm chbm nu>
- Cc: balsa List <balsa-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: !corrupted messages!
- Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:59:54 +0000
On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 02:15:39PM +0000, Carlos Morgado wrote:
> m96: btw, does that happen on messages getting fetched from a pop3 box ? or
> local mailboxes ? did you delete any message on that mailbox ?
> that really sounds like filesystem corruption, some bitmap block that didn't
> get updated or somesuch but it's very unlikely ext2 would get that bent. ...
> i'll ask a few people anyway. if the corruption was crash related balsa can
> only try harder to keep stuff safe, not fix the problem
You could fsync after every write. (Or gorupof writes, in the case of updating a mailbox).
] [Thread Prev