Maildir

I'm running Balsa-1.0.pre4-1 and I'm having problems with one Balsa being
able to read from a Maildir.  I get the error that the directory is not a
mailbox.  Another account on my system has no problem using Balsa to use
it's Maildir so I'm wondering why one account can and the other can't?

under /home/anthony/Maildir/ I have
/home/anthony/Maildir/new (automatically created by QMails maildirmake)
/home/anthony/Maildir/outbox (I made it)
/home/anthony/Maildir/sentbox (I made it)
/home/anthony/Maildir/sentbox (I made it)
/home/anthony/Maildir/trash (I made it)
/home/anthony/Maildir/cur (automatically created by QMails maildirmake)
/home/anthony/Maildir/tmp (automatically created by QMails maildirmake)

If I look in /home/anthony/Maildir/new there is lots of mail there so I'm
not entirely sure why Balsa won't read that directory, or outbox or
sentbox... any ideas on what I should be looking for?

Thanks
Anthony