Re: docs

On Nov 02 2000 14:57 Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:

> 2000-11-02 19:39, Matthew Guenther ra??:
> >
> > I'll have to check for sure later when I get home, but I think it's from one
> > of the GDP debian packages.
>
> I use mandrake, and the path
> GDP_STYLESHEET=tylesheet/dsssl/docbook-gnome/gdp-both.dsl
>
> does not exist anythere. What I try to say: there is no need to use -d
> option, or don't understand... I have built docs easily by "db2html
> balsa.sgml". Thaht's all, no need to copy or set options.
>
> My version is stylesheets-0.10-3mdk

You may have built the docs with no errors, that doesn't mean you built them
*correctly*. Docbook will parse with any vaild stylesheet with no problems,
but only the GDP one will correctly format it to use png images when
building html and eps images when building postscript or pdf. If the
gdp-both.dsl file does not exist on your computer you should get it from the
GNOME Documentation Project at:

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/

You should also read the GDP handbook, it explains the odd docbook system
that GNOME docs are supposed to use. Previously we've had problems with
people attempting to build the docs without reading the handbook and getting
a manual with no images, so I changed it to force people to have the
stylesheet installed to build the docs. It is still possible to build them
without gdp-both.dsl as people can do what you have, just use the manual
command, but it won't happen by default.

MBG

--
   Matthew Guenther
   guentherm@asme.org                        Sic Transit Gloria Thursdi.