Re: Cannot check (download) mail from pop3 server

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 21:31:51 Pawel Salek wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:58:55 Raven wrote:
> > > ls -ld /var/spool/mail
>
> make sure you get
> rwxrwxrwxt
>
> This is in README, I believe. This is needed for dotfile locking.

But probably there are some admins that set the permissions on that
directory set to rmxrmxr-x, for security reasons I believe. If that's a
correct assumption or not I don't know.

That's the case for me, but that is solved by setting inbox as IMAP
instead, (if you have access to an IMAP server for your mail).