Re: Manual Again...

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Peter Williams wrote:

> Sorry about the lack of response. I like the changes made to the
> manual, of course (I was and am still not familiar with DocBook),
> but I'm worried about the DTD -- as far as I know DocBook 3.0 is
> basically the standard for these things, and in my experience
> setting up new DTD's is a pain in the ass. How many of your
> changes will work with 3.0?

All of my changes will work with 3.0, I just updated the DTD in the manual
to the Gnome Documentation Project standard, and their standard template
uses 3.1.  Both DTD's (3.0 and 3.1) are easily availalbe off of
http://www.gnome.org/gdp/.

What experiences have you had setting up new DTD's?  In my experience it's
been extremely painless.

MBG

--
Matthew Guenther                       If it doesn't work, force it.
mguenthe@engr.uvic.ca            If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.