Removing the use of Gnome Canvas

On Wed 29 Mar 2000 15:45:27 Mikael Hermansson wrote:
> Please before u do to mush take a look at pango.
>
> On Wed, 29 Mar 2000 21:41:26 Ian Campbell wrote:
> > So, is anyone also doing anything similar? I would hate to be wasting my time.

I believe no one else is doing this, though it has been
discussed repeatedly. I like the idea for the interface,
although we may need to be able to concatenate adjacent
text parts, or display more than one part at once, although
not necessarily in the same widget. And keyboard navigation
is a must IMHO.

It should be easy to start with a GtkText and switch to
Pango if needed, correct?

--
Peter Williams peter@newton.cx