Re: SMTP Auth in Balsa

On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 09:07:06AM -0500, Nathan Clemons wrote:
> Just wondering as I'm now using Sendmail 8.10 on my server... has any
> thought been put into supporting SMTP authentication in Balsa when the
> user is not passing off to sendmail on the local machine?

I thought that SMTP authentification was only in ESMTP (Extended SMTP) but it seems that it is going to be in SMTP also
At the moment I´m looking for moving the SMTP code from using thread to use async sockets if I ever get that done I´ll look to implement that and ESMTP support.
In the mean while, please feel free anyone to tocuh the current code of SMTP if you feel like supporting something more or to fix anything.

> If you're wondering what I'm talking about, take a look at:
>
> http://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~ca/email/auth.html
>
> Very handy page. =)

Yes, very interesting

Hector