Re: Balsa running - sort of

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Paul Lewis wrote:

> Pleased to say I have got Balsa up and running. But have a few points of
> unease about the install,
> firstly, the installation routine put the binary in the user/local/bin
> and various librarys were
> located in the /usr/local/lib directory. When running Balsa the system
> refused to work complaining
> that it was unable to find certain libraries.
>
> Well I moved the libraries into the /usr/lib directory and Balsa into
> the /usr/bin directory and
> that seems to work, although I can run Balsa from either the /usr/bin or
> usr/local/bin directories
> equally well.
>
> My question how should it be configured?

Use --prefix=/usr on the configure or autogen.sh scripts. The default is
/usr/local so you must manually set it to /usr. The distributed packages
(rpm, debian) use /usr but the configuring scripts default to /usr/local
and I think this is the right place to put the extra stuff (I prefer
/opt/gnome but it is my way of doing things).

I hope this solves your problem.

                                               Bruno Pires Marinho
                                      http://camoes.rnl.ist.utl.pt/~bapm/