Re: installation

On 2000-06-24 18:39 Mark Donchek wrote:
> I have a question in regards to installation.  I first installed
> libPropList, but after installing balsa i tried to run it and got the
> error 'error in loading shared libraries: libPropList.so.0 cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory.  Do you know what I did
> wrong?

You installed wrong libPropList: libPropList.so.0 was installed to a
directory that is not on the list of directories containing shared libraries.
Update /etc/ld.so.conf (and run ldconfig later) or reinstall libPropList.

Some distributions come with precompiled libPropList in such a way that
installing the package places the shared libraries in 'right' directory.

/Pawel