lag in compose message window

Hi.

I am quite impressed with balsa's intervace and i think that this client is
coming along very nicely.

The only thing i have to complain about is the fact that the compse message
window is intolerably slow for me to use.

I am a fast typist, but it has still taken me about 4 or 5 minues to write this
because the window lags waaaaaay behind my typing.

What can i do about this?  I have used Balsa 0.8 and 0.8.1, and both seem to do
this to me.  I even tried compiling the new one instead of just installing the
rpm

Any ideas?

Thanks.

--Neil