Re: New Balsa Message

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Ian Campbell wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I've now finished my exams (thank god ;-) and have updated the new Balsa
> Message to the latest CVS version of balsa, it's attached.
>
> Can someone apply it perhaps? I will try and get CVS write access myself
> (email to miguel a crypted password right?)

Been playing with this some, have to say excellent work!  Tried to crash it
and had no luck, so stability looks good so far.  One or two things you
might think about adding:

a) Attachment menu:  Using gnome_mime_get_keys to get all the actions
associated with the attachments given mime type, and build a menu from
there. (Security discussion perhaps called for?)

b) Attachment icons:  use gnome_mime_get_value to get the icon-filename key
and use that icon instead of the small generic one we have.  I've been
thinking about doing this in the send message window as well... it shouldn't
be too hard and I think it would look nice.

Neither are urgent, but they came to mind.

MBG

--
Matthew Guenther                     "I came to kick ass and chew gum...
mguenthe@engr.uvic.ca                and I'm all out of gum"