Problems with Balsa CVS

First let me state that I don't believe the problem is on Balsa's end. :)

I recently upgraded my system from Mandrake 7 to Mandrake hydrogen
(7.1b3). Afterwards, I went to grab Balsa from CVS. When I run autogen.sh,
I get (here is the script):

Script started on Thu Jun  8 18:06:51 2000
Setting appropriate .xinitrc file for tornado.windsofstorm.net
cp: .xinitrc_tornado.windsofstorm.net: No such file or directory
[nathan@tornado balsa]$ ./autogen.sh
**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
`./autogen.sh' command line.

processing .
deletefiles is  macros/gnome-gettext.m4
Creating ./aclocal.m4 ...
Running gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.
/usr/bin/gettextize: cd: /usr/share/gettext: No such file or directory
cp: acconfig.h: No such file or directory
cp: acinclude.m4: No such file or directory
cp: aclocal.m4: No such file or directory
cp: AUTHORS: No such file or directory
cp: autogen.sh: No such file or directory
cp: balsa.1.in: No such file or directory
cp: balsa.desktop: No such file or directory
cp: balsa.spec.in: No such file or directory
rm: /files/build/balsa/c-client: is a directory
cp: c-client: omitting directory
cp: ChangeLog: No such file or directory
cp: configure.in: No such file or directory
rm: /files/build/balsa/CVS: is a directory
cp: CVS: omitting directory
rm: /files/build/balsa/debian: is a directory
cp: debian: omitting directory
rm: /files/build/balsa/docs: is a directory
cp: docs: omitting directory
cp: gnome-balsa2.png: No such file or directory
rm: /files/build/balsa/help: is a directory
cp: help: omitting directory
rm: /files/build/balsa/idl: is a directory
cp: idl: omitting directory
rm: /files/build/balsa/images: is a directory
cp: images: omitting directory
rm: /files/build/balsa/imap: is a directory
cp: imap: omitting directory
cp: INSTALL: No such file or directory
rm: /files/build/balsa/libbalsa: is a directory
cp: libbalsa: omitting directory
rm: /files/build/balsa/libinit_balsa: is a directory
cp: libinit_balsa: omitting directory
rm: /files/build/balsa/libmutt: is a directory
cp: libmutt: omitting directory
rm: /files/build/balsa/macros: is a directory
cp: macros: omitting directory
cp: Makefile.am: No such file or directory
cp: NEWS: No such file or directory
cp: README: No such file or directory
cp: rpm-po.patch: No such file or directory
rm: /files/build/balsa/sounds: is a directory
cp: sounds: omitting directory
rm: /files/build/balsa/src: is a directory
cp: src: omitting directory
cp: TODO: No such file or directory
cp: TRANSLATABLE_FILES: No such file or directory
rm: /files/build/balsa/website: is a directory
cp: website: omitting directory
cp: *: No such file or directory
cp: ca.po: No such file or directory
cp: ChangeLog: No such file or directory
rm: /files/build/balsa/po/CVS: is a directory
cp: CVS: omitting directory
cp: da.po: No such file or directory
cp: de.po: No such file or directory
cp: el.po: No such file or directory
cp: es_ES.po: No such file or directory
cp: es.po: No such file or directory
cp: et.po: No such file or directory
cp: fi.po: No such file or directory
cp: fr.po: No such file or directory
cp: ga.po: No such file or directory
cp: hu.po: No such file or directory
cp: it.po: No such file or directory
cp: ja.po: No such file or directory
cp: ko.po: No such file or directory
cp: lt.po: No such file or directory
cp: nl.po: No such file or directory
cp: no.po: No such file or directory
cp: pl.po: No such file or directory
cp: POTFILES.in: No such file or directory
cp: pt_BR.po: No such file or directory
cp: pt.po: No such file or directory
cp: ru.po: No such file or directory
cp: sv.po: No such file or directory
cp: tr.po: No such file or directory
cp: uk.po: No such file or directory
cp: update.sh: No such file or directory
cp: zh_CN.po: No such file or directory
sed: can't read aclocal.m4: No such file or directory
You should update your own `aclocal.m4' by adding the necessary
macro packages gettext.m4, lcmessage.m4 and progtest.m4 from
the directory `/aclocal'
Making ./aclocal.m4 writable ...
grep: configure.in: No such file or directory
grep: configure.in: No such file or directory
Running aclocal  -I macros ...
aclocal: couldn't open `configure.in': No such file or directory
grep: configure.in: No such file or directory
Running automake --gnu  ...
automake: couldn't open `configure.in': No such file or directory
Running autoconf ...
autoconf: configure.in: No such file or directory
processing ./libmutt
deletefiles is
Running libtoolize...
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.
Running aclocal  ...
Running autoheader...
configure.in:157: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
configure.in:174: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
Running automake --gnu  ...
automake: configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
automake: configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
automake: configure.in: installing `./missing'
Running autoconf ...
configure.in:59: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
configure.in:157: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
configure.in:174: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
processing ./website
deletefiles is
Running aclocal  ...
Running automake --gnu  ...
automake: Makefile.am: installing `./COPYING'
Running autoconf ...
Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-compile-warnings ...
./autogen.sh: ./configure: No such file or directory
[nathan@tornado balsa]$ ls
CVS	  debian  help	images	intl	  libinit_balsa  macros  sounds  website
c-client  docs	  idl	imap	libbalsa  libmutt	 po	 src
[nathan@tornado balsa]$ cd ..
[nathan@tornado build]$ ls
balsa  balsa.log  balsa2  mcl-0.52.97  mcl-0.52.97-src.tar.gz
[nathan@tornado build]$ exit

Script done on Thu Jun  8 18:07:53 2000

This is really wierd... But if anyone has any suggestions as to what my
problem is, I would appreciate hearing them. I've upgraded to HelixCode
GNOME and would like to get Balsa back up and running. :)

And being the hacker I am, I don't see the point in doing it via RPM when
I might be able to make helpful code changes.

Thanks folks.

Nathan P. Clemons                       "Peace favor your code."
nathan@windsofstorm.net                 ICQ: 2810688
IN CONSTRUCTION:                        http://gnome.windsofstorm.net