Re: Bug fix release?

On Tue, 06 Jun 2000 02:53:07 Peter Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Jun 2000 18:10:09 Carlos Morgado wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 05, 2000 at 05:29:32PM +0200, Pawel Salek wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I just wonder if this is not a right time for a balsa-0.8.1 bug fix
> > > release? I think we have fixed number of bugs (still many of them remain)
so it
> > > would be worth to share it with people, what do you think guys?
> > >

> > fine with me. i'v got some ideas for stuff to add but it's 0.9 material
and
> > i probably won't do them in the next days.
> >
> > go for it :) i may even annoy the helix people to add balsa to helixgnome
:)

> I still haven't gotten responses from the people complaining about POP3
working,
> but maybe we'll just have to deal with that.

pop3 works for me(tm) with 0.8. i even give it a big trashing with lots of
errors on the server side (ie. connection problems)

> I would /really/ like to work out this mailbox-update-detecting issue --
when
> the mailbox changes under Balsa, we do NOT handle it. At all. I'm really
hoping
> that there's no libmutt crapitude underlying this but I really want to work
it
> out.

i looked at that for like 2 nights, and my conclusion was "it should work".
then i noticed my conclusion was obviously wrong and i didn't totally
understand what was going on. i just didn't find anywhere where balsa misses a
watcher callback to update the mailbox display. i don't think this has much to
do with mutt, since iirc it's a callback from "reply".
one of my main problems debugging it is i can't get gdb to play nicelly and
follow
all the stuff going on without locking myself out of the X display or
something
nasty like that.

cheers

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds