Re: After Compiling

On 2000-12-26 13:08:08 +0000 the Master of Heap wrote:
> >Hi all, I have installed Blasa 1.0.1 into my system. Everything seems =
> >fine during and after all the compliations and making but I cannot find
> =
> >the icon to start Balsa in the gnome desktop (under internet section). =
> >It looks as if it has not been installed.=20>
> >
> >Pls advice me on this matter.
> >
> >Thanks & Regards
> That behavior appears when you install balsa in an other directory then
> gnome.
> Now you have 2 possibilities:
> 1) uninstall balsa (make uninstall) and install it in the gnome-dir
> (./configure
> --prefix=|your-gnome-dir(perhaps/opt/gnome or /usr)|
>
> 2) link /usr/local/share/gnome to /|your-gnome-dir|/share/gnome
> (you have to copy all files in /usr/local/share/gnome to the other dir
> beore you
> delete and links it ;-)

You might also try setting the GNOME_PATH env var to include the prefix of
the alternate location (where balsa is), but I don't know if the menus take
any notice of it (certain other things do..)

Or you could try building from an src.rpm (or src deb or whatever) rather
than a tarball, so that balsa will live in the same prefix as gnome.

thirdly, you could create a private balsa menu item, or just run balsa from
a terminal window, or the run command.

Ian

--
Ian Campbell