Re: Funny bug in balsa 1.0.0 (from rpm)]

On śro, 20 gru 2000 12:58:19 Olaf Frączyk wrote:
> Hi,
> I found a funny bug whe I wanted to subscribe to samba domain mailing
> list.
> I got email with the return address:
> samba-ntdom-request@us5.samba.org
> So, I wanted to send an email back to this address, and I can't!
> I use 'remote SMTP server' option.
> If I put this address in 'To:' field, balsa is trying to send this email:
> I get window 'Sending Mail...' 'Messages to be sent: 1' with hide button,
> and
> in xterminal window, from which I have started balsa I get:
> 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
> DATA

(...)

It looks, that it is small memory corruption.
I tried the same with balsa-1.0.0-pre5 and got the same result.
So I putted in send.c, function libbalsa_smpt_protocol:
address = msg->env->to;

    while (address != NULL) {

>>      char ala[250];

>>      strcpy(ala,"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa");

        snprintf(buffer, 512, "RCPT TO:<%s>\r\n", address->mailbox);
And trying to send message to address samba-ntdom....... I got:
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
ż c_uż;DATA

And when added simple printf in send.c, function libbalsa_smpt_protocol:
address = msg->env->to;

    while (address != NULL) {

>>      printf("Buffer:");

        snprintf(buffer, 512, "RCPT TO:<%s>\r\n", address->mailbox);

the message was sent normally like any other (I use sendmail with deferred
delivery,
so I can see what goes into the mqueue).

This function (libbalsa_smpt_protocol) looks clean, so the corruption is
done in some
other place, probably

Best Regards

Olaf Fraczyk