Re: Multiple users reading the same mailbox and addressbook

On 2000-12-18 12:58:34 +0100 Olaf Frączyk wrote:
> Is this safe to have shared mailbox between several users, so they can
> access it at the same time?

I guess, flock should make such an access safe (if you mean classical
flock style). I haven't tried shared IMAP mailboxes...

> And the same question about vcard addressbook. Or I have to use LDAP?

As far as people read it only, it is fine. I am not sure about appending
to it (i.e. what happens if two users try to append a record to vcard
addressbook at the same time). I have impression it has not been designed
for such usage pattern.

/Pawel