A few questions (newbie)

Hello all,

	As the subject implies, I just had a few questions. I would like to
switch to using balsa as my email client from mutt. I checked out the
latest cvs as of 12/15/2000 at 4:00pm. I have begun using it and have found
that there are a few things about it that I just would really like to
change. I do not ask that someone do this for me (unless you have already
done it) I just ask for pointers as to where to start looking and such.

The list:

	1. I would really really really like to be able to have the new
messages in a folder be hilighted in some way other than an icon two
columns over. Is there a way to make new messages show up in a bold font or
a different color? If not where is the place to look/how hard do you think
it would be to add this feature?
	2. In the compose dialog, is there a specific reason why I can tab
from the subject box to the cc box and from there to the body box, but not
from the to box to the subject box? Is this a feature or a bug?
	3. Is there a way to map keys to functions independently in balsa?
Things like <right arrow>=next message in index?
	4. What does "Commit Current" under the Mailbox menu do? It seems
intuitive that it would write the current state of the mailbox to disk (ie.
updating messages with the current status and deleting them as needed)
instead it doesn't seem to do anything and I must close the mail box for
the status of my messages to be updated. If this is not the way this is
supposed to work, then I am sorry. Also, if I am right about the "Commit
Current" option, how hard would it be to add that as a button on the
toolbar?
	5. I can't seem to get the spell checking to work. It just says
"Unable to load aspell module" no matter what preferences I set. I did a
search in the list and found others with my problem but no solution. So I'm
asking again, sorry if this has been answered and I just couldn't find it.

	Thats it. I am very new to balsa and also to gnome programming (I
am mostly a C++/Java/Perl/PHP person not C, please no flames, I am trying
:) so if any of my questions are particularly stupid, please feel free to
let me know. I also wanted to just pass on kudos to the balsa folks, great
work! The best gui mail client I've used.

						--Doug

---
Douglas W. Marcey (dougm@cambridge.com)
Cambridge Research Associates