Re: Yet another alias-expand update.

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000 18:05:42 Pawel Salek wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Berend De Schouwer wrote:
>
> > > I do have a question now though...  I am subclassing gtkentry().
> > > I would like to copy some code from gtk_entry to
> > > libbalsa_address_entry, particularly parts of gtk_entry_draw_real().
> > > GTK+ is licensed under LGPL, Balsa under GPL.  My understanding
> > > is that I can cut&paste from LGPL to GPL, but not GPL to LGPL.
> > > Is this okay?
>
> That sounds correct to me. LGPL is less restrictive than GPL.

It _sounds_ correct, yes :)  Is that good enough?  I'd rather not
have to revert the changes out.  Its troublesome enough that I
have to worry about this.

> Concerning the patch, I haven't really tried it yet but have comments
> from
> the structure stand point:
> 1. move to subclassing gtkEntry is obviously correct but then focus_s and
> next_in_line object data should become the class' fields.

Yes.  I haven't got there yet.  I need to move a lot of code.

> 2. but: I have impression gtkEntry  has already a flag/status field that
> says if the field has focus or not. Also, handling focus with
> next_in_line is superflous, this task should be left to GTK
> (It also doesn't work very well when some of the input fields are hidden,
> IIRC).

I'll have to look at the gtk_entry source.  Basically I'll have to
look at what gtk_entry does when you hit enter or tab, and copy
that.  next_in_line is probably superfluous, as are some other hacks.

> Does it sound convincing?

Yes.