Re: new imap stuff. [OffTopic]

> On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Pawel Salek wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just would like to announce that _theoretically_ balsa has now support
> > for fancy IMAP authentiation/encryption methods like CRAM-MD5, SSL, GSS
> > at mutt-1.2.5i level. I haven't really tested it (just verified basic
> > functionality) but it is available for testing.
> >

> How does one set up their IMAP server for these encryption methods? I'd
> love to test but didn't know IMAP supported this?
>
> Docs or URLs would be wonderful, thanks.

the cyrus imap server does this "out of the box" through the sasl
library. (the same sasl as the new sendmail uses)

get the cyrus-imapd-sql.rpm and the latest sasl.tgz
(a few important auth methods are missing in the sasl rpm)
compile sasl with --prefix=/usr

uses saslpasswd to add users to /etc/sasldb (needs to be user cyrus,
therefore I'm running sendmail also as user cyrus ;)

Does balsa also use cram-md5 for smtp-AUTH ? ;)

if you got any specific questions, feel free to ask ...
(got cyrus + procmail + sendmail 8.11  with cram-md5 working here ;)

regards,
    Michael