Re: Prefered cypto interface ?

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 10:45:10AM +0100, Carlos Morgado wrote:

> What is your gpg prefered interface if you have a corba service to do the
> dirty work ?  Tell it to crypt/decrypt files ? Give it content have it
> crypt it and store it ? Have it hand the crypted content back to balsa ?
>
> Ideas people :)

Hmm, I think the best option would be to encipher content and have it hand it
back to Balsa.  Especially for decryption, I would only want decrypted data
shown on the screen automatically, and not written anywhere to disk without
my explicit authorization.  Files are not nearly as secure as memory, and
leave much more permanent traces even if you use a wiping algorithm.

MBG

--
 Matthew Guenther                     Fundamentally, there may be no basis
 mguenthe@attcanada.ca                for anything.

PGP signature