Re: Your mailbox-updating patch

On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 10:12:12PM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:

> I have just fixed the checking of closed IMAP mailboxes, which I have to admit
> I forgot to do before.
>
> Was the problem with IMAP, or local?

It is local, I have no IMAP mailboxes.  I have also discovered another
problem, when the mailboxes are closed after reading all the messages,
sometimes the mailbox shows up as having unread messages.  This happens
because the file(s) on disk is checked for unread messages before the program
has finished syncing the mailbox on disk to the one from memory.  This
has been possible before, however it would self-correct before by clicking
on another message, which would cause the mailboxes on disk to be
re-checked.  Your patch, it seems, does not do this, as I have closed a
mailbox only to have it show as having unread messages.  However when I
attempted to fix it by clicking on another message or clicking on the check
new mail button, nothing happened.  Even re-opening and closing the
mailbox would not fix the display.  The only way to get a correct reading
was to quit and restart the program.

MBG

--
Matthew Guenther                     I've always considered statesmen to be
mguenthe@attcanada.ca                more expendable than soldiers.

PGP signature