Re: Excessive memory use?

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:35:38 Ian Campbell wrote:

> Post the ful details (eg RSS SIZE SHARE etc) and  we'll see what we
have
  PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT  LIB %CPU %MEM   TIME COMM
 9622 steve      0   0 16188  15M  3908 S       0  0.0  6.1   0:06
balsa
 9623 steve      0   0 16188  15M  3908 S       0  0.0  6.1   0:00
balsa

That hopefully looks better in a fixed font!

There are two threads with the same figures - presumably they are
sharing the same memory, and gtop is giving misleading information (i.e. double
the actual amount)?

> You mention in a subsequent mail a leak when opening mailboxes, this
may
> be true, I periodically go through balsa with memprof to check for
leaks,
> but I haven't recently so there may be something there. Does the size
go
> down when you explicitly close (via context menu) a mailbox?

No it doesn't go down; it just keeps going up each time the mailbox is
opened.

Steve