Re: release soon?

This sounds like a great idea to me.  If (and only if) the multi-threaded
stuff for retrieving messages has been working OK for people I'd like to
do the same for sending mail before a new version goes out.  (As strange
as it sounds, waiting for these actions to finish before moving on to
something else can greatly/disproportionately affect someone's perceptions
about how 'fast,' or useful, a program is.)

Hector, should I wait for you to do more work on the SMTP code?

I haven't done much with the configuration routines -- If someone could
put in that dropdown box for displaying the progress window I'd be happy
to use the variable to display-and-leave / display-and-close-on-completion
/ disable the progress dialog.

David