Re: libmutt and balsa coding style

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999 07:59:44 Bruno Pires Marinho wrote:
> Hello fellows.
>
> I know balsa someday will have evolution for backend but for now we are
> stuck with libmutt. I think libmutt evolved since someone add it
> to balsa and the version on balsa was not updated since then. (I'm
> guessing this last part).
>
> So I was thinking in downloading the latest libmutt and fix somebugs
> wandering about on the current balsa backend. But before doing this I
> need to know if you people think this is going to take me anywhere.

Is libmutt really a separate package? I was under the impression that
Stuart just took most of the mutt source tree, patched it, and added it
to Balsa. If this is not the case, all you *should* have to do is replace
the source in balsa/libmutt with the new stuff.

> I'm also interested in makeing the balsa code style uniform but I don't
> like too mutch the styles people are using. Can I impose my code style
> here? ... maybe not ... or if you people could take a look at the one I'm
> using on gtm (http://camoes.rnl.ist.utl.pt/~bapm/gtm/) and tell me what
> you people think about this subject it would be great. (Special you,
> Stuart, because the project is yours). Or even better, define the standard
> and we all follow that (and I take the responsability of updating all the
> code to this selected style).

This is an interesting thing... my coding style, for instance, is very
different than most in Balsa. IMHO unless we find one style particularly
unreadable keeping to a consistent style is not a big deal.

I've looked over your code quickly and the style looks fine to me.

> I'm sending an email to Miguel to get an CVS account to work on balsa...
> and I need that to start adding stuff to balsa.

Good... the more the merrier.

Peter Williams peter@newton.cx