Re: Todo list -- POP3 retriever

Anyway, onto the code end of what you've provided:

1) Another argument for threading: what happens during the
   name lookups? Blocking! The only way to get around that
   is threading.
2) Otherwise, the code is nice. My thought was that you
   could put xfer_state.dispatch to better use by having
   little functions to do each step, then set the dispatch
   function to the next logical step. IMHO clearer and
   minisculely more efficient.
3) I would favor spooling the messages to a buffer...
   especially if you can figure out the message's size
   before RETR'ing it... STAT <msgnum> or some such syntax?
   Then you could build yourself a little Message structure
   and add it to your destination folder.

Peter Williams peter@newton.cx