RE: CVS problems

> autogen.sh expects there to be a macros directory.

Don't you get a macros/ directory when you checkout balsa? You should get
one...Try checking out the cvs module macros and make a symlink to it like
balsa/macros.

> the usual autoheader/automake/autoconf incantation gives...

It works perfectly for me, with a fresh cvs checkout. What kind of system do
you have, what versions of the auto*-tools? You did try to run autogen.sh
and not the tools seperately, right?

Richard