desperately seeking email

Hi everyone,

I'm desperately seeking an X11 email answer to my problems -- the only
reason I keep a Win95 partition is to handle my business/work email. I have
7-10 POP accounts and I need a reliable mail system ... right now what I
want to do is use fetchmail to grab them all, and then use a good X11-based
MUA so each will transparently appear to everyone else as totally separate
entities (i.e., reply-to, etc).

I have heard that Balsa will do this. The only other I have found that will
is XFmail, which I'm not fond of the user interface... the other I am
trying to get it to work on is Kmail, but I personally use WindowMaker
w/GNOME so ... I just like the whole GTK side of things.

However, I'm a bit concerned about a couple of things and this message is
to test those waters sorta. The Balsa page doesn't seem updated since last
year, I'm wondering about the FAQ and RPM's for RH, etc. Also, my initial
attempts at compiling Balsa failed miserably -- it couldn't find certain
functions from error.h, even after I tweaked the code a bit, and for
whatever reason we (we being the central ohio linux user's group) could not
get it compiled (I could go in more detail, but I'm wondering if this list
is alive or not).

So, basically, here's my point: is anyone out there? I don't want to seem
unappreciative for your free efforts -- I am just desperate for a good
email client and (from what is *sounds* like) Balsa is where I need to be.
But I am sort of scared off by the ghost town aspects ...

Also as a footnote, I should add that while I do most of my work as a
network administrator I also do a lot of lightweight programming on the
side, web stuff, Perl, PHP3, etc -- C++ still eludes me... but I would be
*more* than happy to contribute in other ways, and after 3 or 4 cups of
coffee, I really go to town -- FAQs that need written, web pages that need
updated, WHATEVER -- I will give my life to someone who could hook me up
with a good X11 email client!

Alright -- hopefully this will spark new life to the balsa list!

-- ryan