Notice for Release

I thought I might prepare a draft of a notice for our coming release, in
the hope that gnotices will post something about our progress.  Of
course, it might be useful in the other 'venues' in which we announce
the release.  I'll post the draft here, and we'll be able to discuss the
wording, the arrangement of the notice, and where we'd like to send it.

I'd like some suggestions from people about what we 'should' tell the
community at large about the release and about what we've been doing.
Here are some items that we might mention -- it's not a complete list,
just a list of things that came to mind as I sat down to write this:

New Init/Druid code
Vastly improved UI, including:
  progress dialogs
  context-menus for reply/forward/delete/transfer
  many new options for customization
Multi-threaded mail retrieval and mail sending for glibc machines
  (I'll explain why this is useful)
both SMTP and local sendmail support
improved IMAP and POP3 mail support
automatic mail retrieval (at user defined intervals)
Print capability
countless bug-fixes
improvements in the underlying code

and much more!  :)

Please help me to remember anything that I might have missed here.

I have some screenshots up on my un-used website.  You can find them at
http://www.iAesthetic.com/balsa .  I wonder if we should put together
some shots for the balsa site.

David

Ps - I am making word wrap on outgoing mail more intelligent, so that it
recognizes the differences between 'quoted' text, text that follows a
'>', and response text.  It will break response a few characters sooner
so that in long exchanges the quoted lines will be broken much less
often (and the messages will look better).  I'll put that in soon.