"Transfer" bug -- trash on delete

I sat down today to have the delete command move messages to the trash and
have it commit the changes automatically -- I thought it would be a
couple-minute job, and as usual, things became more complicated.

First, I found a bug with the 'transfer' code -- to reproduce, open two
mailboxes, from the first, 'transfer' a message to the second.  Move to
the second mailbox and click on it to see the preview.  (Don't do this if
you're in the middle of anything important!)

OK - so, here's the problem, and after a couple of hours of beating my
head against the wall (or against libmutt) I thought I'd throw it out for
someone more experienced with the libmutt/message code.

message_move calls mutt_append_message(...) to append the message to the
new mailbox.  If you do a 'tail -f' on the destination mailbox you'll see
that it is only written when (and if) that destination mailbox
index/notebook page is closed in the main window.

Strangely, from the send code, mutt_write_fcc(...) which has very similar
code writes to the mailbox, even if it's 'open' in the notebook, just fine
(immediately) -- so, the mesages that are moved to the sentbox/outbox are
available.

As a hack, (I was tired) I tried to use mutt_write_fcc to 'copy' the
message to the destination mailbox (in this case balsa_app.trash), but it
doesn't work for various reasons (if anyone wants to take this on I can
give you a longer explanation of where and how it might be failing).

Is there some good, easy way to transfer a message from an index-page to a
local mailbox?

(if you get it there, I'll handle the 'delete' code and updating the view.
:) )

David