Re: Unidentified subject! (Two Balsas crash)

On Mon, 06 Dec 1999 16:40:32 Mike Palczewski wrote:
> ok I managed to get balsa to crash by opening up balsa twice and checking
> email. here is the debug output.
>

> GnomeUI-WARNING **: Could not open help topics file NULL
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkbox.c: line 332 (gtk_box_pack_start): assertion `child->parent == NULL' failed.
> Message: 135445560, 1, POP3
> Message: 135414192, 1, POP3: w-link
> Message: 135411432, 1, POP3: uw
> Message: 135432616, 1, IMAP
> Message: 135441488, 1, Local Mail
> Locking mailbox
> *** ERROR: Mailbox Stream Closed: mailbox_check_new_messages ***
> Unlocking mailbox
> Message: 135432616, 6, Finished
> Message: 135441488, 1, POP3
> Message: 135431528, 1, POP3: w-link
>
> ** WARNING **: -ERR /var/mail/.mpalczew.pop lock busy!  Is another session active? (35)
> Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x324b)!

Maybe it's just me, but "Is another session active?" seems pretty clear. Maybe, like has been
discussed on gnome-devel-list today, running Balsa twice should bring the first instance to
the foreground. As I recall libmutt is no good when grabbing a lock fails -- aborts or something
like that. (Maybe, I haven't looked at it in a while).

Peter Williams peter@newton.cx