Re: release soon? (fwd)

I am the author of GtkExText (its not in any part of the GTK+ dist :)

* Vertical/horizontal scrolling
* Better property/higlight API
* Goto line/column
* Search in text
* and lots more

There is no line wrap support and there is no plans to implement it.
(if no other implements it ofcource :-)

IMHO its better to implement a function like
gtk_extext_line_set_max(gint maxline)
this means extext inserts '/n' character if a line is to long.

Another thing GtkExText has better Property/Higlight API support
this means it is possible to click on a textsegment to execute a html link/or what else.

The only problem I see is that you cannot display pictures directly in the widget.

But again gtkextext has possibilities to click on text segment to execute another application or what else you want...

If someone is intrested I could do a special test version for balsa.
else checkout http://www.bahnhof.se/~mikeh/linux_software

Greats

MikeH