Speaking of Eudora...

I loved Eudoras filter support.  It was so easy to configure and use.
Procmail works...  but...  I love the configuration of filters in eudora.
I could have it download all of my pop accounts into my inbox and run it
through filters into different mailboxes (such as mailing lists).  I could
also keep certain filters that only ran when I told them to...  through a
menu...  This way I filtered out all of my mailing list traffic into
individual folders and I left all of my personal email in my inbox.  When
my mailbox was getting full I just ran the other filters to sort all of my
personal mail into folders which I made for each person who mailed me a
lot.