RE: Commit mailbox, good idea?

1.  I like this idea.  Items should be marked as deleted somewhere on the
harddrive so they don't suddenly reappear if the program crashes or is killed.

2.  Would it be interesting to have a plug-in type of structure for saving
email messages?  That is, if someone had a lot of email they could use
mySQL to store the messages instead of flat-files.  Essentially it would be
a matter of specifying the lib that would be used to store/delete/save/move
etc email messages and someone could choose to replace the default with the
mySQL or Oracle or ODBC or whatever version fit their needs.  This would
also modularize the program further which is usually good for this type of
project.