Re: Balsa Not Dead?

> I came to this list because I'm trying to migrate all of my home business
> to Linux, trying to make Linux a desktop for me rather than just for server
> functions. Unfortunately, I am lost on two areas: an e-mail client and
> business finance (Quicken obviously is better than anything out there right
> now).
>
> Linux has a powerful e-mail set up going with procmail, fetchmail, etc --
> far better on Windows, I have my box dial up and grab all my mail while I'm
> sound asleep and I *never* wait for my mail to download. However, the
> existing X11 mail clients do not very well handle multiple POP accounts,
> making much of the power of procmail/fetchmail/etc useless.

Since your need is urgent, and Balsa is not yet mature, you might check
out Netscape Messenger (part of the complete Communicator package), and
ML.  (You can download ML from http://home.netscape.com/people/max/ml/
It is -not- a Netscape produce, and is no longer under active development.
But it's pretty solid, and handles multiple accounts and multiple mailboxes
pretty well.)

-Pat