Re: Mailboxes behaviour

Stuart Parmenter <pavlov@innerx.net> writes:

> point).  I don't overly care for the tabs, but they make navigating the
> opened mailboxes a bit easier.  Having the tabs at the top may not be the
> best way to do it either.  I would personally like them better at the
> bottom (this isn't a hard change) in a more button-like appearance instead
> of in a notebook.

Why not use the gnome standard MDI settings?  (I thought it was,
since, by chance, the default matches the gnome default.)

> It is currently a pain to attach popup menus to notebook tabs,
> but it would be very easy with buttons.

Hmm, I'd rather see balsa follow gnome standards, and I think that the
"active-mailbox-selection-widgets" (AMSW) qualify as MDI, and should
thus follow the gnome MDI standards.  OTOH, I definitely think that
the AMSW should have pop-ups, and I don't want to make the code any
more difficult than it has to be, so I have mixed feelings here....

And what if you have hundreds of mailboxes?  I believe that gnome MDI
is set up to handle this (though I haven't tried).  Recoding this by
hand for buttons might be tricky.

I'd like to mention that the Debian balsa package maintainer is on
vacation, and should be back soon, and I suspect he might like to have
some input in all this.  (I'm the temporary Debian balsa package
maintainer, in the sense that I'm the last one to upload patches and a
working binary to Debian's unstable tree.)