RE: Mailboxes behaviour

Certain things like this would require balsa to open all the mailboxes
previous to starting (and/or while starting).  This would simply take
forever to do, espically if your mailboxes are over NFS and you have
hundreds of them totaling to something around 300mb or so (you get my
point).  I don't overly care for the tabs, but they make navigating the
opened mailboxes a bit easier.  Having the tabs at the top may not be the
best way to do it either.  I would personally like them better at the
bottom (this isn't a hard change) in a more button-like appearance instead
of in a notebook.  The code to make this work nicely wouldn't be too
difficult.  It would simply require a notebook without tabs, then have
buttons created/destroyed with signals to change mailboxes when they are
clicked on.  this would allow for more control over the way you change them
as well.  It is currently a pain to attach popup menus to notebook tabs,
but it would be very easy with buttons.

just some thoughts.  I will go through all the stuff thats come along this
list tonight/tomorrow and start making some things move.