RE: balsa...

It sounds to me like what we really need now is a resource manager to
control the codebase and distribute tasks. Once we reach that point, we
can work to identify tasks, make sure they are properly delegated, make
sure the committed code is clean, and handle releases.

We should find this person and come to consensus as that person as the
project lead.

I understand that there are a number of features people would like to see,
and those ideas are great, but what we have now is a product that barely
does most of the core functions it was intended to do. I believe we should
concentrate for a moment on organization, then code organization, then
basic functionality, and then on advanced features.

I suggest we find a volunteer from amongst us with a good deal of dev and
project (esp gpl project) management experience who can serve as a
clearing point for the work that needs to be done, atleast until we are
well enough organized that we have a clear concept of tasks, priorities,
and code organization to get from here to there.

thoughts?

dc