Initial setup problem

My apologies if this has been answered before, but in checking the
archives, I can't find an answer.  I'm trying to run Balsa 0.4.6.2, but
when I run the program for the first time, it acts as if the inbox &
outbox can't be created.  I'm at a loss, as in checking the archives,
downloading 0.4.6.2 should have solved the problem, i.e. the program
can't create a .balsarc file.  HELP!
Someone had posted a patch for getting past the next button in the
setup notebook, but in looking at the patch posted, it looks like it was
implemented already in the balsa-init.c and I'm not sure that was
applicable to the ceation of the mail directories required by balsa.

Regards,
Erich R. Carter