new build, a work-around and a problem

Hello.  I just started checking out and building gnome sources.   Most
of my sources were checked out of cvs on Friday and Saturday (Nov 6th
and 7th).  I "cvs updated" balsa a moment ago.

When I built Balsa I hit a problem with an unresolved link.  My fix was
to add another library (ORBitCosNaming) to the src Makefile:

    ORB_LIBS = -L/opt/gnome/lib -lORBit -lORBitCosNaming -lIIOP
-lORBitutil -lglib -lm

I don't know if ORBitCosNaming needs to be added to the balsa
configuration someplace , or if  it is suppose to show up from
orbit-config (?)

Once I run I get a few odd console messages - and then a crash.  On
startup, this:

    IOR:0100000018 <a great deal of numbers>

When I hit the "add" button for POP3 Servers, this:

    Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 2778 (gtk_widget_intersect):
assertion `widget != NULL' failed.

And when I click the mouse in the Mailbox Name text entry field:

    Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkObject'
Gdk-Message:
** ERROR **: sigsegv caught

I'm afraid I don't know enough gtk to chase these down myself.

Balsa looks cool, and I hope to contribute something once I come up to
speed.

John