Re: atomato

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 14:26 -0400, Peter Parente wrote:
> I saw Hubert's talk at DDC about cross platform scripting. I'm
> interested in this idea from the perspective of using scripting to
> generate alternative user interfaces (e.g. audio) based on application
> models instead of their UIs. Having direct access to app models would
> make application-specific scripting for the Linux Screen Reader
> (live.gnome.org/LSR) more powerful than relying only on scripting
> ATK/AT-SPI. For instance, I could use LSR to write a usable audio
> interface to spreadsheets and make it work regardless of what is
> providing the backend (e.g. KOffice, OpenOffice).

yes, that's something that has been talked about many times, using ATK
infrastructure to automate apps. In fact, I guess we could, in Atomato,
have a different action provider (as we'll have dbus and simple
commands), for ATK-controlling of apps, at least for common actions,
like open a menu and things like that.

> Is there a web page where I can track the status of this project as it
> matures? A mailing list?

The web interface might not work, so if it doesn't, just send a mail
with subject 'subscribe' to atomato-list-request gnome org

--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>