travel sponsorships, press kit and media partner.

Dear Sir/Madame,

I have been a Debian user, advocate for about a decade or more. I used
to do GNOME parties when GNOME used to giveaway t-shirts, stickers
etc. and had done in quite few schools, colleges and even working
places. But this was before GNOME 3.0 and changes that happened
in/within GNOME foundation.  This was though circa 2007-2008 around.

Disclaimer - I do use mate though as it reminds me of gnome 2.0 and
somehow that has been forever etched in my heart. I do know the
reasons why Debian has taken the new route though.

I am based in India and would like to be part of GNOME Asia if
possible to cover GNOME on the two days.

I was part of Debconf 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-sqZFAkGxk

and have again put few proposals for debconf this year as well.

https://debconf18.debconf.org/

I have also put up a bursary so if GNOME can pay for one-way ticket to
GNOMEAsia i.e. about 800 USD would be a win-win situation for all.

Food and stay for 2 days can be arranged would be nice.

Here are list of my contributions in free software world so far -

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?submitter=shirishag75 gmail com

Have coordinated, participated in workshops about debian all over
India since a decade and more.

https://flossexperiences.wordpress.com/tag/debian/
https://flossexperiences.wordpress.com/tag/events/
https://flossexperiences.wordpress.com/tag/debutsav/
https://flossexperiences.wordpress.com/tag/debconfindia/
https://itsfoss.com/author/shirish/ (journalist here but more for newbie crowd)
https://github.com/shirishag75 - upstream github contributions.(mostly
tickets though of softwares I use) ,

I have done few in mercurial and other VCS`s as well but nothing
notable though.

Look forward to hearing from you.

          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com