From: Chandara Om <chandara teacher gmail com>
Date: Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Subject: Promoting Ubuntu and Gnome.Asia
To: Emily Chen <Emily Chen sun com>, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org>, Stormy Peters <stormy peters gmail com>
Cc: om chandara moeys gov kh

Dear Emily Chen and Stormy Peters,

My name is Chandara. I had ever contacted you around 2010 to attend the Gnome 2010. But I couldn't attend Gnome.Asia 2010 because i couldn't apply for Visa, Taiwan Embassy is not in Cambodia. Now, I am a part of ICT in Education office.

Are you currently involving in Gnome?

Now, I would like to promote Ubuntu for Ministry of Education and all school in Cambodia.
Currently, Ministry of Education use the Ubuntu but they want to change this Operation System. They though that OS is difficultly using. Why do their opinion like this? They haven't ever attended the workshop/training on the Ubuntu. They don't know about necessary of Ubuntu and how to using Ubuntu. So, my team would like to promote the Ubuntu to staff of Ministry of Education and School by workshop/training.

For promoting Ubuntu, we have human resources, training materials, and venue already but we don't have the budget for conducting this workshops/trainings. The promoting Ubuntu for Ministry of Education and all School in Cambodia are the first step.

For the second step, we will promote Ubuntu for all Ministry in Cambodia. And we want to promote GNOME in Cambodia. So, this step, we need some assistance from your team, need trainings, materials about GNOME, technical support, and expert.

For the third step, we would like to host the Gnome.Asia in Cambodia. But this event, we take a long for hosting Gnome event. Because we need to building capacity of staff and context of ICT user in Cambodia.

Hence, I would like to ask you for supporting the workshops/trainings on promoting and using Ubuntu Operation System for Ministry of Education and School in Cambodia. Can you support budget for the workshops/trainings, please?

And other hands, we would like to ask you the sponsorship for participating in Gnome.Asia 2013 and Gnome.European 2013. My team want to learn about how to organize Gnome event and learn experience from your team. So, we need your supporting.

Finally, my team and I hopefully believe that you would consider our request and supporting from you and your team.

I look forwards to hearing from you and your team.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Chandara