Re: Question about registration fee

Hi, Will

Thank you for reply.
I think we might charge small fee (up to almost 10$) for business or corporate.
I think it is reasonable if there are something special for them.

Thank you.
Simon.

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Will LaShell <wlashell gnome asia> wrote:
Hey Simon,

Traditionally there would be no fee for attending the conference. Fundraising has come from a mix of local and international sponsors. Each year we try to increase the importance of the local businesses. They should -want- to advertise and be a part of the GNOME.Asia Summit.

Now as a way to accommodate the government's request you could charge a small fee for "business" or "corporate" attendees. You would let students and/or home users attend at no cost. You could provide some value added items for the registration fee, such as an extra workshop or access to something special as an incentive.

I'm hoping to give you some ideas from what we have done in the past.

Sincerely,

Will LaShell