Re: Speaker registration online

Hey, is this going to be like a web based talk management UI? If it is, you guys rock!! (in-spite of little late)
I got to know about one such thing happening at guadec this time in a context with nekohayo:

<glassrose> yeah, I know it was 27th for GNOME.Asia but they have just prepared the speakers list.. there were some technicalities in talk submission system.
<glassrose> they are planning to send out the emails to speakers within a couple of days.
<nekohayo> oh, thought it was just a web form that sent it to a mailbox :)
<nekohayo> (vs guadec's full-blown web talk management UI thingy)
<glassrose> nah, not the earlier one. many applicants didn't submit their own details along with the talk details. the organizers can't know all of that (with many on this end organizing stuff for GNOME for the first time)
<glassrose> so they were testing a speaker registration system where speakers will be able to manage their own talk page
<nekohayo> um damn, I must be along the guilty ones who only submitted a quick talk abstract, not a biography
<glassrose> yes you were!
<nekohayo> sorry :(
<glassrose> :) its ok