Re: Reminder for GNOME.Asia 2012 IRC Meeting - 2012-4-17

Due to timing I am basically never able to be at the meeting in irc.

On Apr 17, 2012, at 5:14 AM, Akhil Laddha wrote:

> On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 15:27 +0800, Sammy Fung wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am not available to join irc meeting tonight.
>>
>> Hereby is my report.
>>      * I, Will and Max discussed on gtalk and closed all tickets
>>        listed on todo document. Thanks Will and Max.
>>
>> I suggest we should discuss on this irc meeting.
>>
>>      * Schedule:
>>              * Pls refer to schedule shown on website, ie.
>>                http://2012.gnome.asia/schedule/
>>              * Should we have BoF insteads of networking dinner ? If
>>                BoF, please propose how should we run BoF this year.
>>                (if posssible)
>
> During recent GUADEC and Desktop summit BoFs / workshops were done on
> separate days than conference days but during GNOME.Asia 2010, BoFs were
> scheduled during evening when conference talks were over like from 6 pm
> to 8 pm afair.
>
> For reference :
> GUADEC 2010 BoF schedule http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC/2010/BOFs
> Desktop Summit 2011
> https://www.desktopsummit.org/program/workshops-bofs
> http://wiki.desktopsummit.org/Workshops_%26_BoFs/Schedule

I really like the idea of the BOF sessions put at the end of the day  during the conference. This gives us more content to present to sponsors .
+!

>>              * Should we have keynote at the beginning of afternoon
>>                sessions ? (if agree, we move some keynotes to
>>                afterrnoon, is it ok ?)
>
> Usually keynotes are scheduled in early morning (between 9 -11 am) and
> late evening (4 -5 pm) time slots so that keynotes can be attended by
> maximum people.

This is definitely consistent with the previous Summits.

>>      * Sponsors:
>>              * HK teams are contacting local potential sponsors,
>>                media partners, supporting organisations.
>>      * Call For Papers:
>>              * Should we extend the deadline by 1 week ?
>
> +1

We are getting some nice responses but I think if we let it run another week we will get more entries.